Sunday, October 21, 2012

Capture Your Grief - Day 20: Charity/Organization

Day 20: Charity/Organization

This one is hard.  There have been so many places and people that have really touched my heart.  I think the two that have meant the most have been NILMDTS that I talk about often, and also Molly Bears that I've mentioned recently.

NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP is the organization that provides free photography for bereaved parents.  Actually, I found out recently that, if you know that your baby has died while you're still pregnant, they'll do maternity photos for you before you deliver and then still do the newborn photography for you after your baby's birth.  I found out a few days before delivering both times.  Other parents lose their babies during child birth or soon thereafter.  Heidi, from NILMDTS gave me so many pictures of Seth that I treasure so very much.  I look at them often.  I continue to study him, just as I did in the hospital.  I know that not everyone can find the beauty in him, but I do.  I think he was a beautiful little boy and I love looking at his pictures.




MOLLY BEARS is a non-profit company that makes teddy bears for bereaved parents that are weighted the same as their lost baby.  They personalize each of them, not only to the RIGHT weight, but also so that each bear is as unique as each child.  I hold my Taylor Bear and Seth Bear.  I cuddle them.  My kids cuddle them.  I kiss their heads as I would my babies' heads.  They have brought me so much comfort.  Taylor Bear is weighted to 2oz, Seth Bear to 3oz.  Some are 9 lbs and more.  Find their facebook page, too.


No comments: